OECD Development Centre, ECLAC and CAF to launch their joint
Latin American Economic Outlook 2015
Tuesday 9 December 2014
08:30 - 9:30 A.M.
Venue: Conventions Center, World Trade Centre, Veracruz, Mexico
The eighth edition of the Latin American Economic Outlook: Education, Skills and Innovation will be launched on Tuesday 9 December at 8:30 A.M in the margins of the Ibero-American Summit in Veracruz, Mexico.
This year’s edition focuses on how the region can increase the levels and quality of education and skills in order to foster productivity and competitiveness as well as a more inclusive society, in a context of growth slowdown.
The report will be presented by:
- Alicia Bárcena, Executive Secretary, Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Enrique García Rodríguez, President and Chief Executive Officer, development bank of Latin America (CAF)
- Angel Gurría, OECD Secretary General
Other participants in the launch include:
- Michelle Bachelet, President, Chile
- Juan Manuel Santos, President, Colombia
- Rebeca Grynspan, Executive Secretary, Ibero-American Secretary-General (SEGIB)
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President, Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- José Antonio Meade, Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Mexico
- Mario Pezzini, Director, OECD Development Centre
The launch of the Outlook will be preceded by a breakfast to take place at the Hotel Fiesta Americana Veracruz, salón Costa de Oro open to the press with SEGIB’s Secretary-General, Ms. Rebeca Grynspan. During the Summit, the OECD Secretary General will take part in a series of meetings including the Business summit (Encuentro Empresarial) on Promoting innovation and competitiveness in Iberoamerica and a Formal Launch Ceremony of the OECD’s Peru Country Programme.
The Outlook will be under embargo until Tuesday 9 December 2014, 08:30 A.M Mexico time (GMT+6). Advance copies will be available, in both English and Spanish, under request, from Bochra Kriout ([email protected]) and the OECD Media Press Office ([email protected]; Tel: +33 145 27 97 00), the day before release.
More information on http://www.latameconomy.org/en/. You are invited to include this Internet link in reports on the Outlook. Follow the launch on #LEO2015.
Please note: The OECD's embargo rules prohibit any broadcast, news wire service or Internet transmission of text or information about this report before the stated release time. They also prohibit any communication of the contents of the report or any comment on its forecasts or conclusions to any outside party whatsoever before the stated release time. News organisations receiving OECD material under embargo have been informed that if they breach the OECD's embargo rules they will automatically be excluded in the future from receiving embargoed information.